Okay, I’ll be honest — I have no memory of this song. I feel like this was before P!nk’s full-on resurgence into the cultural conversation/her aerial dancing.
13. “Love in This Club” by Usher ft. Young Jeezy
Where has Usher been??
12. “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” by Soulja Boy Tell’em
I blame this song for so many horrible dance moves in high school.
11. “I Kissed A Girl” by Katy Perry
Yes — 2008 is essentially the year that Katy Perry was BORN.
10. “Decode” by Paramore
I mean, if you were into Twilight, then you definitely listened to this song.
9. “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis
When I was in high school my friend joked that the lyrics were “I keep peein,’ keep keep peein’ blood,” and now I can’t NOT hear those words when I listen to this song.
8. “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
Does anyone ever miss curly-haired, pre-drama Taylor? I kind of do.
7. “Womanizer” by Britney Spears
ICONIC, if almost impossible to sing along with.
6. “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay
Remember Coldplay? Yeah, me too. Kinda.
5. “American Boy” by Estelle ft. Kanye West
Well before Kanye became a truly divisive cultural icon. Those were the days.